A lace cowl using fingering wt yarn.
Reminiscent of ripe strawberries in the field just waiting to be picked, this cowl is a fun and beautiful, yet practical spring accessory.
Knit in the round, this is a quick knit using a simple repeating lace pattern. It’s a great introduction to lace knitting.
- yarn: approx. 170 yds of fingering wt. yarn.
sample shown using Camelot Dyeworks Percival Lite in ‘Lime’ (75% superwash Merino wool, 25% Nylon; 50g = 230 yds)
- needles: 16” circular knitting needle in US 5 / 4mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- gauge: 24 sts = 4” / 10cm Blocked
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 20” Circumference / 10” long laid flat 7” tall after blocking
- notions: stitch marker, tapestry needle