A hat and cowl in super bulky yarn.
Using a bulky yarn and large needles, this cowl and hat combo can be knit very quickly for a last minute gift or simply to keep you toasty on a cold winter’s day.
- yarn: approx. 65 yds. for each of super bulky yarn.
sample shown using Camelot Dyeworks Fortress in ‘Sunflower’ (100% Merino; 4.4 oz. = 69 yds), 1 skein for each
- needles: 40” or 47” circular knitting needle in US 15 / 10mm or size needed to obtain gauge.
Longer needles used to knit using the magic loop method.
- gauge: 10 stitches = 4” / 10cm
- finished measurements: Hat: approx. 9 ½” at it’s widest point. Designed to snugly fit an adult sized head (21”-23”)
Cowl: 22” Circumference / 11” long laid flat, 7” wide
- notions: stitch marker, tapestry needle