A simple beaded lace pattern takes this cowl from simple to extraordinary.
Perfect as an introduction into beaded lace or a quick weekend knit for a more experienced lace knitter.
- yarn: approx. 180 yds of fingering wt. yarn.
sample shown using Camelot Dyeworks Tristan in ‘Onyx’ (50% superwash merino, 50% silk; 100g = 438 yds)
- needles: 16” circular knitting needle in US 5 / 3.75mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- gauge: 26 sts = 4” / 10cm Blocked
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 24” Circumference / 12” long laid flat
- notions: 3 stitch markers, .75mm crochet hook, 208 size 6/0 glass seed beads, tapestry needle
This cowl is knit in the round and the beads are attached as you knit with a crochet hook. If you are not familiar with this method, please watch some how-to videos available online.