A simple beaded lace pattern takes this cowl from simple to extraordinary.
The glass beads in the cowl twinkle as they catch the light. As they do, it reminds me of crystal clear nights where you can see the stars stretching on forever.
- yarn: approx. 180 yds of fingering wt. yarn.
sample shown using Camelot Dyeworks Tristan in ‘Onyx’ (50% superwash merino, 50% silk; 100g = 438 yds)
- needles: 16” circular knitting needle in US 5 / 3.75mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- gauge: 26 sts = 4” / 10cm Blocked
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 22” Circumference / 11” long laid flat
8 ½” tall
- notions: stitch marker, .75mm crochet hook, 513 size 6/0 glass seed beads, tapestry needle
This cowl is knit in the round and the beads are attached as you knit with a crochet hook. If you are not familiar with this method, please watch some how-to videos available online.